Access to the Central Ohio Transit Authority (COTA) website, COTA Connector App and use of COTA Passenger Wi-Fi is subject to the following terms and conditions. Your use of this site the COTA App or accessing the Wi-Fi indicates your acceptance of these terms. We may periodically change the terms without notice, so please check from time to time as your continued use of the site, App or passenger Wi-Fi signifies your acceptance of the terms and conditions, including changed items.
This service is provided for lawful, personal use only. You may not use it for any other reason or resell any aspect of this service. You must not use this service to transmit any material or perform any other action, which would be in violation of any applicable law or regulation or the rights of any third party. Any use not authorized above is strictly prohibited.
COTA shall have the right, but not the duty, to monitor, intercept, and disclose any transmissions over or using this service, and to provide user information, use records, and other related information to appropriate authorities under certain circumstances (for example, in response to lawful process, orders, subpoenas, or warrants, or to protect the interests of COTA).
Per COTA policy, passengers utilizing this service must use personal headphones while using sound-producing devices.
There are certain privacy and security risks inherent in the use of an open wireless network. You acknowledge that, by use of this service, your device could be exposed to viruses or other harmful applications and that your device or files could be accessed or monitored by third parties. You acknowledge that you are solely responsible for providing security measures that are suited to your intended use of the service. COTA does not guarantee the security of this service or the privacy of any data.
COTA is not responsible for any content, data, services, products, or other information accessed or downloaded through this service. You acknowledge that there is content available through the Internet, which may be offensive, inaccurate, or otherwise harmful. You also acknowledge that COTA does not monitor or regulate this content, and that access of content available through this service is solely at your own risk.
COTA does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of any Material displayed on its website. COTA may change any of the material at any time without notice. The materials may be out of date, and COTA makes no commitment to update the materials. Customers are urged to call COTA customer service at (614) 228-1776 for assistance, if required.
COTA does not make any warranties or guarantees regarding these services or any content or information accessed by use of these services. THESE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS, AND YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. COTA HEREBY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NONINFRINGEMENT AND TITLE, AND ANY WARRANTIES ARISING FROM A COURSE OF DEALING, USAGE, OR TRADE PRACTICE. COTA DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SERVICES WILL PERFORM AT A PARTICULAR SPEED OR THAT IT WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, ERROR-FREE, OR SECURE.
Limitation of Liability
You acknowledge and agree that COTA shall not be liable for any claim arising out of, related to, or in any way involving the use of these services. ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR NEGLIGENCE IN PROVIDING OR SECURING THESE SERVICES IS EXPRESSLY PRECLUDED. COTA SHALL NOT BE LIABLE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, OR LOST PROFITS, WHETHER FORESEEABLE OR UNFORESEEABLE, THAT ARISE OUT OF, RELATE TO, OR IN ANY WAY INVOLVE USE OF THESE SERVICES.
You agree to hold harmless and indemnify COTA from and against any third party claim arising from, related to, or in any way involving your use of these services, including any liability, losses, damages (actual and consequential), suits, judgments, litigation costs, and attorney fees, of any kind or nature.
COTA retains copyright rights on graphic images and the content of this website and all related content in the COTA Connector App. This means that
You may not:
- distribute the text or graphics to others without the express written permission of COTA;
- “mirror” this information on your website without permission;
- or modify or re-use the text or graphics on this website or within the App.
- print copies of the information for your own personal use; and
- reference this website from your own documents. Commercial use of this information is prohibited without COTA’s explicit written permission. In all copies of this information, you must include this notice and any other copyright notices originally included with such information.
The trademarks, service marks, and logos (the “Trademarks”) used and displayed herein or within the COTA Connector App are registered and unregistered Trademarks of the Central Ohio Transit Authority. Nothing herein should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any Trademark displayed herein, without the written permission of the Trademark owner.
COTA requests that parents supervise their children while online or utilizing the COTA Connector App. No personal information should be provided by minor children without parental consent.
Any dispute arising from these terms shall be resolved exclusively in the state and federal courts located in the City of Columbus in the state of Ohio.
Terms and Conditions COTA Next Bus SMS
- COTA’s “Next Bus” system provides information regarding the next bus arriving at a particular bus stop. Text Bus [bus stop number], to opt-in and receive a one-time message from COTA with the relevant bus information. By opting in you are agreeing to receive text messages from COTA. Message and data rates may apply. You will receive 1 message per request. Text “HELP” for help.
- You can cancel this service at any time. Just text “STOP” to 95292. After you send the message “STOP” to us, we will send you a reply message to confirm that you have been unsubscribed. After this, you will no longer receive messages from us. If you want to join again, just sign up as you did the first time and we will start sending messages to you again.
- If at any time you forget what keywords are supported, just text “HELP” to 95292. After you send the message “HELP” to us, we will respond with instructions on how to use our service as well as how to unsubscribe.
- Participating carriers: AT&T, Verizon Wireless, Sprint, T-Mobile, U.S. Cellular, Boost Mobile, MetroPCS, Virgin Mobile, Alaska Communications Systems (ACS), Appalachian Wireless (EKN), Bluegrass Cellular, Cellular One of East Central, IL (ECIT), Cellular One of Northeast Pennsylvania, Cricket, Coral Wireless (Mobi PCS), COX, Cross, Element Mobile (Flat Wireless), Epic Touch (Elkhart Telephone), GCI, Golden State, Hawkeye (Chat Mobility), Hawkeye (NW Missouri), Illinois Valley Cellular, Inland Cellular, iWireless (Iowa Wireless), Keystone Wireless (Immix Wireless/PC Man), Mosaic (Consolidated or CTC Telecom), Nex-Tech Wireless, NTelos, Panhandle Communications, Pioneer, Plateau (Texas RSA 3 Ltd), Revol, RINA, Simmetry (TMP Corporation), Thumb Cellular, Union Wireless, United Wireless, Viaero Wireless, and West Central (WCC or 5 Star Wireless).
- T-Mobile is not liable for delayed or undelivered messages.
- As always, message and data rates may apply for any messages sent to you from us and to us from you. If you have any questions about your text plan or data plan, it is best to contact your wireless provider.
- For all questions regarding this service, contact us.